While Arise Treatment Center is dedicated to treating addiction at its core by helping you understand and treat the root causes of your addiction, we are also dedicated to helping you stay sober after you leave treatment. We do this by offering a range of aftercare programs and services that provide long-term support. One way we stay in touch with our past patients and encourage you to connect with other sober individuals is through our unique alumni program.
What is a Rehab Alumni Program?
Alumni is a term that is generally used to describe people who went to school together or received their education at the same university. However, when it comes to addiction treatment, alumni refer to people who have completed treatment at the same facility and have the common goal of long-term sobriety.
At Arise Treatment Center, we understand how valuable peer support can be in the recovery process. While addiction is a disease of isolation, recovery is all about connection. An alumni program provides you with an ideal place to meet and connect with other individuals in recovery.
Our alumni program is open to anyone who has completed treatment at Arise. It is a program where sober individuals in all phases of their recovery can come together, fellowship, engage in sober activities, and support one another. There, you will find people from all backgrounds and in all phases of recovery. In our alumni group, there is always room for growth, connection, and peer support.
Alumni Program Activities
Arise’s alumni group hosts a variety of events all year long. Some are recovery-focused, while others are simply meant to be enjoyable. Activities our alumni program may host include:
- 12-Step meetings
- Guest speakers
- Holiday gatherings
- Recovery-oriented workshops
- Family workshops
- Wellness workshops
- Spiritual workshops
- Team building activities
- Dinners, pot-lucks, or picnics
- Team sporting games
- Volunteer opportunities
- Community outings
- Weekend getaways
None of the events are mandatory, but they are highly encouraged.
Benefits of an Alumni Program in Addiction Recovery
Recovery doesn’t stop when you graduate from rehab. For most people, recovery is a life-long journey of growth and self-improvement. Active participation in the alumni network can support your recovery every step of the way.
In early recovery, an alumni program can:
- Help ease the transition from inpatient rehab to independent living
- Provide you with a place to meet and socialize with other sober individuals
- Allow you to develop a sober support network
- Help you navigate the early weeks and months of your recovery
- Keep you busy with activities to fend off boredom and cravings
In the long term, an alumni program plays many roles, including:
- Provide you with lasting friendships that will hold you accountable in your sobriety
- Allow you to keep in touch with the rehab center’s staff
- Give you an opportunity to get involved in sober activities
- Connect you with newly sober individuals so you can use your experience to help others
- Remind you of what your addiction and early recovery were like so you are not tempted to return to drug or alcohol use
- Prevent drug and alcohol relapse
Arise Treatment Center’s active recovery community can be a powerful component of your recovery.
Become a Part of Our Dedicated Alumni Program Today
Our diverse and active alumni community welcomes individuals from all walks of life. The only requirement for participation is to attend treatment at Arise. By joining our recovery community, you gain access to a supportive network of wonderful individuals who are eager to support you in your sobriety journey.
Don’t wait any longer to gain access to the life-changing treatment you deserve. Call now to get started.