According to the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), 85.6% of people have consumed alcohol at some point in their lives and nearly 15 million people suffer from alcoholism.
Without treatment, alcoholism can cause negative effects in every area of your life, making it difficult for you to succeed in your career, take care of your family, and take care of yourself.
Deciding to receive the help you need from an alcohol rehab center in Southern California is one of the most important decisions you’ll make in your lifetime. However, it is equally as important to choose a reputable program that suits your specific needs. Knowing how to find the right alcohol rehab for you can be difficult, especially if you’ve never been to rehab before.
Finding the Right Alcohol Rehab for Your Needs
The first step in finding the right Southern California alcohol rehab is to determine what your goals are. Every treatment program has different specialties and focuses that they cater to. Additionally, each rehab center might measure success differently and use different approaches to help you recover.
Because each treatment program works differently, you must determine what services and tools you would most benefit from. For example, some programs focus on 12-step approaches and spirituality, while others have a heavier focus on trauma and mental health recovery. You should choose an alcohol treatment program that suits your unique needs and goals.
Even further, you should consider how long you want to remain in treatment. Are you looking for a quick 30-day stay to help you get back on your feet, or would you benefit more from a residential program that offers extended treatment? Certain programs can last anywhere from 30 to 90 days, so you should consider how much time you would like to spend on treatment.
Finally, it’s important to choose the right level of care. The more severe your drinking problem, the higher level of care you can benefit from. Speak with a team member at ARISE Treatment Center today for a risk-free, confidential evaluation to determine which level of care is best for you.
Choosing the Best Alcohol Rehab Center in Southern California
Unfortunately, not every alcohol rehab is created equally. While one might be highly effective, another may not use the evidence-based treatments required to recover from alcoholism. (solidstonefabrics.com)
When you are choosing the best alcohol rehab center in Southern California, you should look for the following qualities:
- Individualized treatment planning – Treatment plans should be specifically tailored to each person’s unique needs.
- Highly qualified and licensed staff members – Staff members should have professional credentials and licensure.
- Dual diagnosis treatment – Integrated treatment that combines mental health counseling with substance abuse treatment to diagnose and treat co-occurring mental health conditions.
- Evidence-based therapies – Time-tested therapies that have been proven effective and consider your specific needs.
- Holistic treatment options – Alternative therapies include yoga, art, meditation, exercise, nutritional support, and more.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) – A comprehensive treatment approach combining pharmacotherapy and behavioral therapy to treat addictions to alcohol or opioids.
- Insurances accepted or payment plans – Reputable alcohol rehab centers are in-network with various insurance companies, and if they aren’t, they will have payment plans or financing options.
- State licensing and accreditation – The most trustworthy alcohol rehab centers in Southern California are licensed with DHCS and third-party accredited. ARISE Treatment Center is licensed by the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) and accredited by the Joint Commission.
Questions to Ask Before Choosing an Alcohol Rehab in California
When you are considering a specific alcohol rehab program, you will have an opportunity to ask a representative of the facility questions about how the program works, giving you an opportunity to get specific details on the qualifications of staff members, types of treatments used, and much more.
Consider asking the following questions:
- Do you provide medication-assisted detox for alcohol?
- Does your program offer medication-assisted treatment (MAT)?
- What is your treatment philosophy?
- What is the length of your program?
- Is your rehabilitation center a safe environment?
- What is your staff-to-patient ratio?
- How does your program teach life skills that support sober living?
- Do you have dual diagnosis options for people with mental health conditions?
- Can I continue my education and/or career during treatment?
- What amenities do you offer?
- Do you use evidence-based treatments?
- Will my treatment plan be tailored to my specific needs?
- Will there be opportunities to build connections and social skills?
- Do you offer relapse prevention planning to reduce the risk of relapse?
- Do you accept my insurance or offer payment plans to make treatment affordable?
These questions will help you determine whether an alcohol rehab center is the right fit for you. Never be afraid to ask questions, as the staff members at rehab facilities understand the importance of finding a program that suits your unique needs. Everyone is different and requires varied forms of treatment to successfully recover from alcoholism.
Find a Southern California Alcohol Rehab Center Today
Arise Treatment Center, located in Vista, California, offers a number of dynamic alcohol addiction treatment programs that can help you overcome your physical and psychological addiction to alcohol. Our multidisciplinary team of addiction professionals is committed to helping you uncover the root cause of your alcoholism so you can recover to lead a healthier, more fulfilling life.
If you or a loved one suffer from an alcohol use disorder, know that recovery is possible, and help is just a phone call away. Our dedicated admissions counselors are available now to assess your needs, verify your insurance, and help you start your recovery.