Young Adult Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Southern California
Addiction is often a complex condition that can develop at any point in a person’s life. In some cases, people may experiment with drug or alcohol use as a teenager or early in adulthood, which may result in dependence or addiction at some point. Studies show that nearly 1 in 7 young adults have a substance use disorder.
When someone lives with substance abuse or addiction, they often require professional treatment and ongoing support to address the condition’s physical, emotional, and behavioral aspects. Young adult rehab programs provide extra care and support for people transitioning into adulthood and give them the skills to avoid relapses for the rest of their lives.
Attending a young adult drug rehab center in California means receiving high-quality treatment plans tailored to meet your unique needs. If you or a young adult in your life requires addiction treatment, reach out to the Arise Treatment Center specialists today to learn about getting the support you need.
What is a Young Adult Addiction Treatment Program?
A young adult substance abuse treatment program gives tailored treatment to young adults with addiction to drugs or alcohol. These specialized programs provide treatment that meets the unique needs of older teens and young adults. The programs help identify and treat the root causes of addiction and teach young people the skills they need to transition into adulthood without using drugs or alcohol.
Developing Addiction in Early Adulthood
Many people struggle with the transition into adulthood. New independence can sometimes feel overwhelming as you try to balance work, school, new relationships, and many new responsibilities. Some young people may begin to use drugs during this stage for various reasons, including:
- Experimentation with peers: Young people may face peer pressure or feel curious about using drugs. They are more likely to have access to drugs at parties and other social events.
- To cope with stress: Young adulthood is stressful. Young people may live with overwhelming stress as they transition to college, look for a job, pay bills, and manage other adult responsibilities for the first time. Some may rely on drugs or alcohol to manage stress.
- To enhance performance: Teen, young adults, and college students may use performance-enhancing drugs to help them function at work, study, or increase their athletic ability. Some performance-enhancing drugs pose the risk of dependence and can lead to addiction with repeated use.
- To chase euphoria: Many people take drugs to feel euphoria–an intense sense of well-being, happiness, and peace. Chasing euphoria can lead people to take drugs in larger or more frequent doses. Prolonged or heavy drug use can lead to tolerance–needing more to get the same effect–and can quickly become an addiction.
Many of the drugs young adults use can lead to abuse or addiction. Some of the most commonly used drugs include:
- Prescription drugs (primarily opioids, benzodiazepines, and stimulants)
- MDMA (Ecstasy)
- Hallucinogenic drugs
These drugs and others can cause short and long-term harm to your physical and mental health, and you must be aware of the signs of abuse and addiction so you can seek immediate treatment if necessary.
Who Needs a Young Adult Drug Rehab in California?
The number of teens and young adults living with substance abuse and addiction has risen quickly in recent years. This group uses drugs more often and has easier access to addictive substances than in the past. The need for young adult addiction treatment has increased substantially, and new treatment centers open their doors each day.
But who needs young adult drug rehab in California? California is an ideal location to seek addiction treatment because of its natural beauty, ideal climates, and the availability of high-quality treatment programs and community resources. Southern California also has a large population of young people in recovery, so you can find plenty of support.
Young adult addiction treatment programs are designed to meet the unique needs of people in their late teens into early adulthood. Sometimes, it can be challenging to tell the difference between substance use, abuse, and addiction and to determine when someone needs to go to rehab.
Some of the signs of addiction include:
- Wanting to stop using drugs but feeling like you can’t
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you stop using the drug
- Experiencing legal or financial trouble related to your drug use
- Neglecting your responsibilities at school, home, or work
- Isolating from friends
- Giving up hobbies and interests
- Hiding or lying about your substance use
- Needing to use a larger or more frequent dose of the drug get the same effects
- Continuing to use drugs despite experiencing negative or severe consequences
Young adults who use drugs should seek treatment immediately to avoid serious or life-threatening consequences of addiction.
Choosing a California Young Adult Rehab
Before beginning an addiction treatment program, a doctor or addiction specialist will evaluate your needs to determine which level of care you require. Young adult addiction treatment programs typically last 30, 60, or 90 days. The length of your treatment program will depend on the severity of your addiction and other personal factors.
Medically-supported detox is the first step of treatment for many people. Medical practitioners and other staff will treat your withdrawal symptoms during your detox program with medications and emotional support, including individual therapy when appropriate.
After completing detox, you must complete a treatment program that includes evidence-based and holistic therapies, including:
- Individual counseling
- Group therapy and support
- Family therapy
- Mental health and medical care
- Holistic therapies like massage, nutrition support, music therapy, and exercise
After completing treatment, you may spend time in a sober living home or join a support group tailored to meet the needs of young adults recovering from addiction. It’s essential to find a young adult rehab near you that can provide specialized care for people in this stage of life.
Some of the benefits of choosing a young adult rehab in California include:
- Enjoying the natural beauty of California during treatment
- Having access to high-quality community resources and support during and after treatment
- Caring, experienced addiction specialists
- The support of a community of peers
- Emphasis on transitioning into adulthood
- Focus on improving social skills and communication
Before beginning treatment, tour the facility and ask questions you may have. Choosing a young adult addiction treatment program will give you the support of peers, access to experienced staff, and the skills you need to prepare for a healthy, sober life.
Find Addiction Treatment for Young Adults Today
Located in Vista, California Arise Treatment Center is one of the country’s leading drug and alcohol addiction treatment and behavioral health providers. With a team of passionate professionals who are dedicated to helping those struggling with substance abuse, Arise Treatment Center’s main goal is to provide exceptional long-term wellness to our clients as well as their families. At Arise Treatment Center we understand that each person is unique, and we approach the treatment of addiction with that in mind.
If you or a young adult in your life needs treatment to overcome substance abuse or addiction, reach out to the Arise Treatment Center specialists today to get started.